Re: Help, where can I get Oracle 8i Personal Edition besides downloading it?

From: Michael A. <banana_boat_x_at_x_1stconnect.com>
Date: Fri, 15 Dec 2000 13:19:54 -0500

> Try downloading about 6am EST on a Saturday or Sunday and you may not have
> as difficult a time.

Even during non-prime hours, the downloads don't work. I have a fast cablemodem connection, and I can't get past 5% of a file before the server just plain stalls. After trying 20 or more times with no luck, it gets pretty old...

It's great that Oracle makes their software available for evaluation, but why bother having download capability on Technet when the servers never do the job? I hope they aren't powered by Oracle :-(

Mike Received on Fri Dec 15 2000 - 12:19:54 CST