Re: Oracle 8i 8.1.7 on Solaris 8

From: Greg <ggirerd_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 15 Dec 2000 15:31:48 GMT

"Allan Plesniarski" <aplesnia_at_my-deja.com> a écrit dans le message news: 91c6g6$374$1_at_nnrp1.deja.com...
> ORA-24323: value not allowed
> Cause: A null value or a bogus value was passed in for a
> mandatory parameter.
> Action: Verify that all mandatory parameters are properly
> initialized.
>
> This seems to indicate that you may need to uncomment a parameter in
> the init.ora. It may very likely be that it is a bug.
>
> I suspect there is an incompatability between the default init.ora file
> and the kernel parameter settings on your machine. If commenting out
> db_files does not work, post a copy of the complete init.ora AND the
> stand file containing kernel parameter settings somewhere under
> the /etc filesystem. Then we can examine the cause.

I experienced the same problem. Have a look at the "processes" parameter located in your initSID.ora file. Then have a look at the installation guide chapter "Configure the UNIX Kernel for Oracle8i". I think you have to adjust the SEMMSL and SEMMNS parameters. In my initSID.ora file I found a value of 150 for this parameter and I had to increase the SEMMSL and SEMMNS system parameters

Regards
Greg Received on Fri Dec 15 2000 - 09:31:48 CST