Re: Enterprise Manager Error - VTK1000

From: <gmfields_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Fri, 15 Dec 2000 08:01:55 GMT

In article <3a387114_at_news.vogel.pl>,
  "Bartosz Orliñski" <BOrlinski_at_wel.wat.waw.pl> wrote:

> U¿ytkownik "Gary Abbott"

 <snypergva_at_hotmail.com> napisa³ w wiadomo¶ci
> > All,
> >
> > I'm new to Oracle. I have 8i on NT4.0 sp6. I
 can't figure out how to open
> > the Enterprise Manager. It asks for the
 management server, I put in my
> > computer name, it adds the domain to the end.
 I figure it sees it, it must
> > be something else. I am using sysman, oem to
 login.

> > The error is:
> > VTK:1000 Unable to connect to the management
 server neutrino.cup.hp.com.
> > Please verify that you have entered the
 correct host name and the status
 of
> > the Oracle Management Server.
> >
> > neutrino is the computer name cup.hp.com is
 the domain that my machine is
> > on.
> >
> > Any feed back would be appreciated.
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Gary Abbott
> >

> Please check Administrative tools, services
 if oracle management server is
> running (usually it isn't in autorun mode).
 When oracle management server
> service is "on" you could logg as sysman
 (password:oem_temp)

> I had the same problem some days ago.

>Hello,
> I am new to Oracle as well. I have the same
problem. The additional problem is when I go to Services on the control panel the Oracle Management Server is not running. I start the OMS however, a few minutes later it services stops the OMS again. Any suggestions?

Sent via Deja.com
http://www.deja.com/ Received on Fri Dec 15 2000 - 02:01:55 CST