Redo Log Problem

From: Scott W. Patterson <swpatterson_at_mindspring.com>
Date: Thu, 14 Dec 2000 12:44:00 -0600

I am running a script from the Oracle on NT website called CheckTune. The results of the queries are a follows below....

Current Date and Time: 12/14/2000 12:18:40 Database name: par_22

Measurement                       Goal      Value Action
------------------------------ ------ -----------
Library cache hit percent            >=0.99        1.00 OK
Dictionary cache hit percent       >=0.90        0.93 OK
Buffer cache hit percent              >=0.90        0.96 OK
Sort area hit percent                    >=0.90        1.00 OK
Redo Log space requests               =0
180                     Increase the LOG_BUFFER in INIT.ORA
"
Examine Redo Log size
"
Examine number of Redo Log groups
-- Current value: log_buffer = 10240000

I am trying to understand what to do about the the Redo Log Space Requests problem ...
I have increased the size of the log files, the log buffer, and the number of groups (3 groups, with two members each -size 5mg) I set the log buffer to twice the size of a redo log file - at least I think so..
The log files are on a hardware - RAID 1 disk . I speculate that since all the log files are on this same disk is the reason I am getting this problem.

Any suggestions????

Thanks,

Scott Patterson
Patterson Advertising Reports Received on Thu Dec 14 2000 - 12:44:00 CST