Re: Enterprise Manager Error - VTK1000

From: Bartosz Orliñski <BOrlinski_at_wel.wat.waw.pl>
Date: Thu, 14 Dec 2000 08:05:34 +0100

U¿ytkownik "Gary Abbott" <snypergva_at_hotmail.com> napisa³ w wiadomo¶ci news:918mr2$758$1_at_web1.cup.hp.com...
> All,
>
> I'm new to Oracle. I have 8i on NT4.0 sp6. I can't figure out how to open
> the Enterprise Manager. It asks for the management server, I put in my
> computer name, it adds the domain to the end. I figure it sees it, it must
> be something else. I am using sysman, oem to login.
>
> The error is:
> VTK:1000 Unable to connect to the management server neutrino.cup.hp.com.
> Please verify that you have entered the correct host name and the status
 of
> the Oracle Management Server.
>
> neutrino is the computer name cup.hp.com is the domain that my machine is
> on.
>
> Any feed back would be appreciated.
>
> Thanks,
> Gary Abbott

Please check Administrative tools, services if oracle management server is running (usually it isn't in autorun mode). When oracle management server service is "on" you could logg as sysman (password:oem_temp)

I had the same problem some days ago. Received on Thu Dec 14 2000 - 01:05:34 CST