Help!Can not install oracle8.1.5 on linux

From: <live4love_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Thu, 14 Dec 2000 05:48:23 GMT

RedHat 7.0, oracle8.1.5EE_intel, jdk-sbb-1.2.2.RC2.3

I had prepaired everything according the document. But I failed to run runInstaller. I tried another two files: runIns.sh and runInstaller in INSTALL_PATH/install/linux. But it still did not work.

The error message is
Initialing java vitual machine from /usr/local/jre/bin/jre. Please wait ...
Error in CreateOUIProcess():-1
:Bad address

Is it a bug of the oracle release? How to fixed? Thanks!

Sent via Deja.com
http://www.deja.com/ Received on Wed Dec 13 2000 - 23:48:23 CST