Re: Intermedia Error - Create index failed

From: Michael J. Ort <michael_ort_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Wed, 13 Dec 2000 21:15:49 GMT

In article <3A3483C1.93F56E91_at_ix.netcom.com>,   CJ <djjr_at_ix.netcom.com> wrote:
> I get the following errors while trying to create a text index on a
 new
> installation(Oracle 8.1.6,Solaris). I tried re-installing Intermedia
> but I get the same error. Looks like a file is missing . But the
 file
> doesn't exist on another box with the exact same environment
> but it works there. I didn't get any errors during the install. Any
> one run into this error before?
> Thanks in advance. Errors Below :
>
> The following error has occurred:
>
> ORA-29855: error occurred in the execution of ODCIINDEXCREATE routine
> ORA-20000: interMedia Text error:
> ORA-06520: PL/SQL: Error loading external library
> ORA-06522: ld.so.1: extprocPLSExtProc: fatal:
> /ext2/menash/smpack/m816/ctx/lib/libctxx8.so: open failed: No such
 file
> or directory
> ORA-06512: at "CTXSYS.DRUE", line 126
> ORA-06512: at "CTXSYS.TEXTINDEXMETHODS", line 54
> ORA-06512: at line 1
>
> Details:
> ORA-29855: error occurred in the execution of ODCIINDEXCREATE routine
> ORA-20000: interMedia Text error:
> ORA-06520: PL/SQL: Error loading external library
> ORA-06522: ld.so.1: extprocPLSExtProc: fatal:
> /ext2/menash/smpack/m816/ctx/lib/libctxx8.so: open failed: No such
 file
> or directory
> ORA-06512: at "CTXSYS.DRUE", line 126
> ORA-06512: at "CTXSYS.TEXTINDEXMETHODS", line 54
> ORA-06512: at line 1

I had a similar issue on the Windows platform. Check the value of the following SQL:

select * from dba_libraries where LIBRARY_NAME = 'DR$LIBX';

Make sure that the FILE_SPEC value actually points to the file. If not, find the directory where this file exists and recompile the library with the correct path. The filename is different from platform to platform, so you may need to search for a file containing "ctxx".

That got it working for me, so I hope that helps.

Michael J. Ort

Sent via Deja.com
http://www.deja.com/ Received on Wed Dec 13 2000 - 15:15:49 CST