Using SQL*Loader to update rows FAST - help!

From: <chris_at_sportsrocket.com>
Date: Wed, 13 Dec 2000 05:54:43 GMT

This is the situation:

I think SQL*Loader is the only way to get the rows in quickly enough, but it can only insert rows. Quoting the Oracle docs:

...which doesn't seem very fast. I've thought of deleting the 2 million rows first, but how fast is that? Won't it generate a lot of redo and the like? And will SQL*Loader reuse the deleted space (I think not)?

This can't be that uncommon. Is there a better way? Thanks for any input!

--Chris

Sent via Deja.com
http://www.deja.com/ Received on Tue Dec 12 2000 - 23:54:43 CST