Error writing to alert log

From: Orlando <orlandosc_at_hotmail.comREMOVE>
Date: Mon, 11 Dec 2000 14:02:56 -0000

Hello all,

Have a small problem that I need to get to the bottom of.

Ever since I had to restart my server last week, no events have been written to the alert log, well that's not true they are but Oracle is trying to write them to an alert log in a strange location. That being

../../oracle/admin/admin/<db_name>/bdump/alert_<dbname>.log N.B. the extra admin directory.

The background_dump_dest points to the correct location in init.ora as does $ORACLE_BASE. System is Unixware 7.1.1 running Oracle 8.1.6.

VMTIA
Orlando Scott-Cowley Received on Mon Dec 11 2000 - 08:02:56 CST