Hardware tips

From: Sindre Solem <sindre.solem_at_emmaedb.no>
Date: Mon, 11 Dec 2000 11:30:55 +0100

We're running Oracle 8.1.6 on a Sun Ultra 10, with 768 MB memory and to disks. What we're finding is that the performance is unacceptably low for an OLTP type application for up to 15 simultaneous users. Could this be because it's and IDE based I/O system? Does anyone else have any experiences with this server? Is it too much load for this server to handle? Received on Mon Dec 11 2000 - 04:30:55 CST