Re: Import 00041 warnings

From: David Fitzjarrell <oratune_at_aol.com>
Date: Mon, 11 Dec 2000 18:12:41 GMT

In our last gripping episode Feldman Roger <qrarofe_at_era.ericsson.se> wrote:
> Oracle People:
>
> While importing with the following command I received the following
> error:
>
> $imp fromuser=REQPRO file=rational_export.dmp log=reqpro
>
> ------------
> IMP-00041: Warning: object created with compilation warnings
> "CREATE FORCE VIEW
> "REQPRO"."RQATTRVALUESVIEW_11" ("
> ""REQUIREMENTID","FIELDVALUE") AS "
> "SELECT RequirementID, RQ_STR_TO_STRING(FieldValue) AS FieldValue
 from
> Reqpr"
> "o.RqUserDefinedFieldValues WHERE FieldID = 11"
>
> Import terminated successfully with warnings.
> --------------
>
> Are these warnings serious ? I don't really understand what they mean
 or
> if the import is "good".
>
> Thanx,
>
> Roger

From the Import documentation:

IMP-00041 Warning: object created with compilation warnings

Cause: The object in the SQL statement following this error was created with compilation errors. If this error occurred for a view, it is possible that the base table of the view was missing.

Action: This is a warning. The object may have to be recompiled before being used.

The import was successful, this simply states that the view creation occurred with errors. You should simply be able to recreate/recompile the view and all should be well.

--
David Fitzjarrell
Oracle Certified DBA

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/