Re: Problem with Oracle 8.1.6 with windows 2000

From: Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Mon, 11 Dec 2000 22:51:27 +0100

To isolate this error you'll need to find your oradim.log. specific error messages will be stated either in that file or alert<sid>.log The most common cause for this problem is the hardcoded password in strt<oracle_sid>.cmd in %ORACLE_HOME%\database doesn't match the internal password. If so use the orapwd utility to change the internal password, or edit the .cmd file.

Hth,

Sybrand Bakker, Oracle DBA

<jzuffoletto_at_my-deja.com> wrote in message news:913gs7$vmh$1_at_nnrp1.deja.com...
> I'm having the exact same trouble. Our Oracle DBA (who's more of a
> Solaris expert) can't figure it out. I get around it by starting the
> oracle service, then starting the database from svrmgrl:
>
> c:>svrmgrl
> svrmgrl>connect internal as sysdba
> connected
> svrmgrl>startup
> (database usually starts up)
>
> Don't ask me why. I hope someone weighs in with a solution.
>
> Joe
>
> In article <912nrg$ghq$1_at_news6.isdnet.net>,
> "Chevalier Jerome" <jchevalier_at_gold-solutions.com> wrote:
> > Hello
> > i have some problem with Oracle database and Windows 2000
 Professional