Sql Statement on Table Owned by Someone Else

From: Mark Schenkel <markschenkel_at_alpinesoftware.com>
Date: Mon, 11 Dec 2000 23:38:02 GMT

Is there a way to configure Oracle that when you run a Sql statement on tables owned by someone else you don't need to precede the table name with the owner?

For example, if USER1 owns TABLE1, and I were logged in as USER2 but have access to USER1.TABLE1, is it possible to submit:

       SELECT * FROM TABLE1
instead of

       SELECT * FROM USER1.TABLE1 I have a front end application with lots of sql statements, none of which precede the table name with the owner. But I want other people to be able to use the application but with a different login name.

Thanks, Mark. Received on Mon Dec 11 2000 - 17:38:02 CST