Re: Oracle, loadjava and resolve

From: <jjustice_at_sensus-communis.com>
Date: Tue, 12 Dec 2000 02:46:43 GMT

In article <91428o$e9t$1_at_nnrp1.deja.com>,   jjustice_at_sensus-communis.com wrote:
> My company has a fairly large codebase, portions of which are to
> be deployed in various environments -- you know, "write once, run
> anywhere"? Well, the fact that Oracle forces ALL references to be
> resolved, not just those actually called at runtime, makes it very
 hard
> to deploy some of our code to the 'JServer' or whatever they're
 calling
> it now.

 [...snip...]

> Does anyone have any clever approaches or workarounds for this
 that
> they would like to share? Please?

     Although I did forget about it when I wrote the above, I have also tried using a specified resolver something like:

-resolver "((* <USER>) (* PUBLIC) (ms/security/* -))"

But this always told me that my resolver specification was bad, although it appears to me the same as the one in the documentation. Has anyone had success using a specified resolver?

     Thanks again!

John Emmer

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Mon Dec 11 2000 - 20:46:43 CST