Oracle and Server Sizing!

From: Suman Saraf <suman_at_hss.hns.com>
Date: Sat, 9 Dec 2000 18:33:29 +0530

Hi All,

I need your help with Oracle for a particular project of mine. We have a telecom application where we need to store 1.5 million records of 10k each.

The records are in a single table which has a particular primary key.

The transactions are evenly divided between full record selects and updates (based on the primary key only) and we have to achieve 3000 transactions per second.

Could someone suggest a typical Oracle configuration which can handle such throughput and at the same time provide very high reliability. We are open to cluster based solutions also.

I would appreciate inputs on :

  1. Oracle Products
  2. Hardware Configuration(servers/disks etc)
  3. Any special tuning procedures

which would help us achieve this goal!

Any inputs will be highly appreciated! It would be great if someone who has already deployed Oracle in such scenarios would like to share his experience.

Best Regards,
Suman

PS: Please Cc: the replies to ssaraf_at_hss.hns.com. Received on Sat Dec 09 2000 - 07:03:29 CST