Re: Synonym or View?

From: Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Sat, 9 Dec 2000 18:40:01 +0100

In this case the view is redundant as the view is an exact virtual copy of your table. Also view definitions are compiled so you need to recompile whenever the table changes. Finally it can happen the view is treated as a separate step in your query path.

With this reasons, which do you think is the correct answer?

Regards,

Sybrand Bakker, Oracle DBA