Viewing a Oracle table in Access (problem)

From: <anderw2_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Fri, 08 Dec 2000 16:22:18 GMT

I am trying to view an Oracle table from MS Access. I have made a ODBC connection to our Oracle database.

In MS Access I select New Table then Link Table. I select ODBC Databases() in the File Type pull down. Then select the Machine Data Source Tab, click on my ODBC connection and click OK. I log into the Oracle database and select a table.

But then I get a error (There are several tables with that name. Please specify the owner in the format 'owner.table')

Does anybody know what that means or how to get around it?

Thanks,
Wade

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Fri Dec 08 2000 - 10:22:18 CST