Re: impact of power outage on Oracle

From: Kevin Brand <kevin.brandx_at_tel.gte.com>
Date: Fri, 8 Dec 2000 11:12:50 -0600

You should be fine as long as you are using either raw devices or journaled filesystems for your data files AND you don't rely on write cache RAID storage or something like that.

At any rate, when I want to verify things I do a direct=y, full=y exp to /dev/null. If you have bad table blocks, they will show up here. Doing this will not check your index blocks, but you can always rebuild an index if you find one corrupted later.

-Kevin