Problems printing thru an NT LPD server

From: F Finnerty <ffinnerty_at_omminc.com>
Date: Fri, 08 Dec 2000 16:35:17 GMT

Greetings,

We are starting our Oracle implementation and our DBA claims that he cannot print out of Oracle and specify landscape. What happens is the printout is in portrait and has garbled characters at the top of the page. I have tried printing directly from Solaris (2.6) and have no problems with text messages. We are printing to HP 4050 printers with either pcl6 or pcl5e (we have also tried postscript) drivers thru an NT 4.0 print server. We have since installed jetadmin for Unix and the format issues are fine, but I would prefer to print thru the NT printer server.

    Any suggestions are appreciated.

Thanks

Frank Received on Fri Dec 08 2000 - 10:35:17 CST