Re: Reducing database size on disk...

From: Alex Filonov <afilonov_at_pro-ns.net>
Date: Fri, 08 Dec 2000 22:44:41 GMT

You'd better buy a bigger disk, it's close to impossible to reduce space taken by Oracle software. 500M is a normal size for server software and starter database. Of course, you can destroy database and create it with smaller datafiles. By the way, datafile sizes are set when you are creating them, so the size doesn't depend on the amount of data in the database.

In article <90qufk$352$1_at_slb7.atl.mindspring.net>,   "Mood Indigo" <jazzkeys_at_mindspring.com> wrote:
> Howdy, Oracle gurus,
>
> I've just installed Personal Oracle8i for Win98, and it's occupying
 over 500
> MB on the drive, including 264 MB in the \ORADATA folder. There's
 nothing in
> the database yet, and I just wanna create a little app so that I can
 play
> with Java client/server programming. What can I tweak to reduce the
 size of
> the files created by the Oracle installer?
>
> Thanks in advance for your suggestions.
>
> André.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Fri Dec 08 2000 - 16:44:41 CST