Corrupted datafile

From: Anna Sotnichenko <annasony_at_home.com>
Date: Fri, 08 Dec 2000 21:47:37 GMT

I run Oracle Workgroup 8.0.5 under Windows NT. One of the datafiles containing indexes got corrupted. No backup copy. I want to drop this file and recreate indexes but I cannot take it offilne.
What I'm trying to do is to start Oracle without opening database and take the file offline, but when I issue ALTER DATABASE ... DATAFILE OFFLINE statement
I got error message "ORA-01145: offline immediate disallowed unless media recovery enabled"
When I try to issue ALTER DATABASE ARCHIVELOG statement I got error message "ORA-00265: instance recovery required, cannot set ARCHIVELOG mode"
Please advise.
Thanks in advance

Anna Received on Fri Dec 08 2000 - 15:47:37 CST