Re: Can I use choose optimization mode in Oracle with ESSBase

From: <lsantos_at_pobox.com>
Date: Fri, 08 Dec 2000 23:00:22 GMT

  Hi Sybrand,

  The need for rule plans is not in the internal ESSbase queries on its repository, but on the common DW tables.

  Essbase has a refresh process where its internal cube is updated through SQL queries on the DW tables.

  These are the queries that I was told that need be executed with a RULE plan...

  My idea was to issue a ALTER SESSION SET OPTIMIZER_MODE=RULE just after the Essbase login connection...

  Best regards,
  Luis Santos

> > Hi!
> >
> > I´m an experienced Oracle DBA but new with Hyperion ESSBase.
> >
> > I was told that ESSBase claims that Oracle database optimizer mode
> > must be set to RULE!
> >
> > So, my situation: I have a powerful Oracle 8.1.6 database DW based
> > without all the new exciting DW features of Oracle 8i... :-(
> >
> > My question: Can ESSBase client be configured to issue an "ALTER
> > SESSION SET OPTIMIZER_MODE=RULE' just after its connection to the
> > Oracle Database?
> >
> > Best regards,
> > Luis Santos
> >

> > Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> > Before you buy.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Fri Dec 08 2000 - 17:00:22 CST