Re: Ora 01410 Invalid rowid(Urgent)

From: <jdarrah_co_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Fri, 08 Dec 2000 23:10:10 GMT

There is a package called dbms_repair that may provide some help.

try executing dbms_repair.skip_corrupt_blocks(<table_name>) and see if you can at least get part or (hopefully) most of the table when you issue a select. Its pretty weird that you are not getting a trace file. Do you have a CSI# so you can log this as a TAR with Oracle Support? They may be able to give you some events you can set to shed more light on this problem. As a last resort, if you absolutly HAVE to get the data out of that table, Oracle Support has tools that can unload corrupted data. You may want to try an alter table move command but I really doubt it would work.

Good Luck

In article <90rlv7$8ju$1_at_nnrp1.deja.com>,   ashish25_at_my-deja.com wrote:
> Hi,
> I am getting this error on doing a select from one of the tables.No
> index on that table.Table has been truncated couple of times in Past.
> Running on Oracle 8.1.6.1.0 Linux 2.2.14.
> Already did this
> 1)Analyze table validate structure cascade -> Failed
> 2)Ran dbv on files OK
> 3)Tried to get data from this table
> create table new_table as select * from old table failed.
>
> Any ideas ???.No trace nothing in alert.log so I am clueless.
> What could have caused it and how do I salvage the table.
> Thanks and Regards,
> Ashish
>
> Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> Before you buy.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Fri Dec 08 2000 - 17:10:10 CST