Re: Check for database corruption?

From: <jdarrah_co_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Fri, 08 Dec 2000 23:13:27 GMT

If you preform a full export every night and you don't use the direct=y option, you are already doing your consistancy check. Also, if using RMAN, you can use the check logical clause. I like to lean on the side of paranioa when it comes to corruption.

In article <90rjtm$6pc$1_at_nnrp1.deja.com>,   Aaron <asentell_at_my-deja.com> wrote:
> I'm fairly new to Oracle but not to database administration. As a
> Sybase DBA, I made sure that I ran a database consistency check on all
> my production databases at least once a week. From what I've read and
> seen thus far, however, this same level of precaution is not
 necessarily
> required for Oracle, although I'm quite sure this is not Oracle's
> official position.
>
> I want to get some input from DBAs who are out there in the trenches
 and
> have experience with this. Is it worth the time to run "analyze
> table...verify structure cascade" on a regular basis in production
> databases? Note that we perform a full export every night in addition
> to database backups.
>
> Thank you,
> Aaron
>
> Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> Before you buy.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Fri Dec 08 2000 - 17:13:27 CST