Looking for "auto commit count" feature

From: Frugal Sam <frugalsam_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Sat, 09 Dec 2000 05:19:53 GMT

Hi all

We have a statement to the effect :

INSERT into tablename_1
(SELECT ..... from tablename_2)

We cannot use a cursor and commit every n records. The statement is executed and results in 5 million rows being copied from tablename_1 to tablename_2. As a result, we need very large rollback statements which we want to avoid.

Is there some init parameter we can set when our database instance starts up that would tell Oracle to perform a COMMIT say every 100,000 rows ?

Thanks. Received on Fri Dec 08 2000 - 23:19:53 CST