Re: how to exclude a table when export?

From: cheers <cheers_at_home.nl>
Date: Sat, 09 Dec 2000 02:58:56 GMT

<susana73_at_hotmail.com> wrote in message news:90s5ma$kmg$1_at_nnrp1.deja.com...
> Hi,
>
> I am going to export an entire user(tables, indexes, constraints,
> grants...). There is a single large table that I don't want to export.
> Is there anyway to get around on the exp command line? I am using exp
> user mode and don't want to specify all my 100 tables on the command
> line.
>
> Thanks,
> Susan

Not that I know of. You are doing a user export. Will you be able to create the table you do not want to export in another schema? Then drop that table from the originating schema and run the export?

The above is the hard way.

If you do not want to type all the tables do this. spool tables
select table_name
from all_tables
where owner = '$TABLE_OWNER'

edit tables.lst and delete the table you do not want to export from this list and use some search and replace commands to change the file into a format that can be used by the exp utility.

I would use this