Re: analyzing queries performance

From: David Fitzjarrell <oratune_at_aol.com>
Date: Fri, 08 Dec 2000 16:07:22 GMT

In our last gripping episode "Marc Staudacher" <marcst_at_gmx.ch> wrote:
> > All tablespaces?
>
> No, always system first! You have to try this command several times
 until it
> works!!
>
> Sorry, I couldn't resist. The tablespace which holds your objects
 being
> tested should be taken offline to force Oracle to flush its cache.
>
> regards,
> Marc Staudacher
>
> +++++++++ FineSolutions +++++++++++++++++++
>
> Marc Staudacher
> FineSolutions
> Support and Development Engineer
> Militaerstr. 76
> Postfach 3428
> CH-8021 Zurich
>
> Tel: ++41 (0)1 245 85 71
> Fax: ++41 (0)1 245 85 95
>
> e-mail: marc.staudacher_at_finesolutions.ch

There are many who come here for solid, well-reasoned and thoughtful responses to their queries. To issue such flippant "advice", even in jest, is irresponsible. Some of the less experienced posters would actually attempt your first "stab" at assistance (as did the intended recipient of your response), come up short, and wonder about the quality of advice issued here. Such responses reflect poorly upon your knowledge and abilities, as well.

--
David Fitzjarrell
Oracle Certified DBA

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/