Re: Tables per Tablespace

From: Ezr Vinh <d_a_p_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Fri, 08 Dec 2000 13:09:49 GMT

In article <nLWX5.21247$0r2.708971_at_bgtnsc07-news.ops.worldnet.att.net>,   "Buck Turgidson" <jc_buck_at_YAH00.com> wrote:
> Tablespaces can have multiple data files, but can you specify into
which file to place a table?????????

No, you can't (at least I've never heard of any way to specify a specific file in a tablespace; one must be careful when making absolute statements about anything Oracle!)

This is why you really need to segregate objects at the tablespace level for I/O considerations.

-Dave

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Fri Dec 08 2000 - 07:09:49 CST