Re: Unable to extend Table by 315

From: Ezr Vinh <d_a_p_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Thu, 07 Dec 2000 20:29:37 GMT

First a stupid question: is the filesystem containing the tablespace full? That would prevent the tablespace from being able to grow. Another obvious question: are you sure your target table is in the tablespace you think it's in? (i.e. is it actually in the tablespace which has autoextend on, or is it in some other static tablespace? I don't know how big your database is, but it can get confusing managing tablespaces and what lives where).

Also, are the target table's storage parameters appropriate for the small size of the table? You might want to check the other tables in the tablespace and see if they are using up more space than is necessary because of possible excessively large storage parameters.

-Dave

In article <spnv2tk5kb38jatrk03tospeiuoud2s1dr_at_4ax.com>,   Harry <a_harrison_uk_at_yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
> I have a tablespace with autoextend set to on - I'm running an "insert
 into ... select from" query -
> I know the query (well I'm pretty sure), will only generate 400
 records but I keep getting the above
> error
>
> Never seen it before - can someone please explain why & how to get
 around it?

> Many thanks
>
> harry

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Thu Dec 07 2000 - 14:29:37 CST