8.1.6 client install on Solaris 8 - relink problem

From: Tony Adolph <tony.adolph_at_viaginterkom.de>
Date: Thu, 07 Dec 2000 11:15:57 GMT

Hello All,

I am trying to install oracle client 8.1.6 on Solaris 8.

I am getting what looks like a very common problem (according to metalink's forums) with the relinking.

My environment:
ORACLE_HOME=/export/home/oracle
PATH=/usr/ccs/bin:/usr/bin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/sbin:/export/home/oracle/bin LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/java1.2/jre/lib/sparc:/usr/java1.1/lib:/usr/ccs/lib $ORACLE_HOME/lib

The installation goes ok but the relinking afterwards fails. I have tried to manually relink all ($ORACLE_HOME/bin/relink all) but get the

following:
ld: fatal: library -ljava: not found  # 20 times or so, then
ld: fatal: File processing errors. No output written to
/export/home/oracle/lib/libclntsh.so.8.0

so without the client shared library I'm stuffed!

I have tried various LD_LIBRARY_PATHs, the last one as above, but to no avail.

The follwoing packages have been installed: SUNWarc, SUNWbtool, SUNWlibm, SUNWlibms, SUNWsprot, SUNWtoo, SUNWhea.

Any ideas folks?

Regards
Tony Adolph

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Thu Dec 07 2000 - 05:15:57 CST