Re: how to make a snapshot of a whole database ? (all tables of a user)

From: Ezr Vinh <d_a_p_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Thu, 07 Dec 2000 19:15:52 GMT

In article <3A2EF79F.B3EFF88C_at_ind.alcatel.com>,   Martin Terpstra <martin.terpstra_at_ind.alcatel.com> wrote:
> hello,
>
> what is the easiest way to make a snapshot of all tables of a certain
> oracle user ?
> Do I have to make a snapshot for each individual table ?

Proably the easiest (and most flexible way) to do this is to write a dynamic PL/SQL program using the DBMS_SQL package procedures to query the user's data dictionary, get the table names, and issue CREATE SNAPSHOT (or CREATE TABLE AS SELECT, or INSERT AS SELECT, or however you want to populate the target tables) statements. This way, when new tables get added to or removed from the source schema, you won't have to  change the code.

-Dave

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Thu Dec 07 2000 - 13:15:52 CST