Java-Pooling, restart and exception

From: Weasel <westlin_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Thu, 07 Dec 2000 07:01:12 GMT

Hi!
I've got a pooling class for handling connections to an Oracle DB. The pooling class is used for servlets. Every night the database is shutdown by the sysadm for backup and is restarted again as soon as the backup is fdinished.

When I try to use the class the morning after(yes, the vm holds the pool class) I get a "java.sql.SQLException: Io exception: Broken pipe". In my pool I check if connections are null and con.isClosed() and both of them are false.

Any suggestions?

--
Pop goes the weasel and the weasel goes pop!

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.