Re: OCP Exam Guides

From: Lehmann <Spaceboy_NOoneSPAM_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 7 Dec 2000 09:25:45 +0100

Hi!

I'll agree with Dennis and Michael on the Couchman book. I have been working with oracle for a coupe of years before I stated using the book for my OCP studies and even though I knew most of it, the book walks through the features in oracle that you never use and never will but still need to know to pass the tests.
I even had the Oracle 8 studi guide and used it for my 8i tests without any problems.

Good luck passing the tests
Lehmann

"Michael O'Neill" <mjoneill_at_email.com> wrote in message news:tFkX5.290012$g6.129662111_at_news2.rdc2.tx.home.com...
> For the record, I had purchased the book when I was at ground zero and it
> was very helpful to me. I went from ground zero to certification in about
 3
> months. I'm sure the Couchman exam guide shaved at least a month off my
> completion time.
>
> However the cost of the book is somewhat prohibitive for those who are
 short
> on cash and are of intermediate Oracle DBA skills already.
> --
> Michael O'Neill (OCP)
> mjoneill_at_email.com
>
> "Dennis" <vandenhooff_@_hotmail.com remove the underscores> wrote in
 message
> > Michael says in his email below, "If you're starting from ground zero,
 it
 is