Can I use choose optimization mode in Oracle with ESSBase

From: <lsantos_at_pobox.com>
Date: Wed, 06 Dec 2000 20:03:32 GMT

  Hi!

  I´m an experienced Oracle DBA but new with Hyperion ESSBase.

  I was told that ESSBase claims that Oracle database optimizer mode must be set to RULE!

  So, my situation: I have a powerful Oracle 8.1.6 database DW based without all the new exciting DW features of Oracle 8i... :-(

  My question: Can ESSBase client be configured to issue an "ALTER SESSION SET OPTIMIZER_MODE=RULE' just after its connection to the Oracle Database?

  Best regards,
  Luis Santos

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Wed Dec 06 2000 - 14:03:32 CST