Backing up multiplexed control files?

From: Rob Williamson <robw_at_physics.umd.edu>
Date: Wed, 06 Dec 2000 17:28:00 -0500

My question is not answered in the documtation I believe. I want to know if I should bother to make an OS copy of each multiplexed control file, or is two or more copies of any one of them fine. In other words how parqanoid should I be? Can I trust that each multiplexed control file is identical? I have 3 control files each on a separate disk ( multiplexed through the init.ora file ) should I copy all 3 of them to 2 different places ( ie 6 copies ) or is that overkill and a waste of space? I am assuming copying one of the files to 2 or 3 different disks ( only 2 or 3 copies of one control file ).

Also is there a difference between the cold backup copy of of control files and the
alter database backup controlfile to 'control.ctl'?

Thanks in advance. Received on Wed Dec 06 2000 - 16:28:00 CST