Alert log cannot be found!!!

From: Roee Peled <roee_peled_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 6 Dec 2000 16:38:11 +0200

Hello All,

My background_dump_dest parameter is set to: C:\Oracle\admin\roee\bdump.

and my alert log is not there, i found it in: C:\Oracle\Ora81\RDBMS\trace

When I type the command : Alter database backup controlfile to trace

Instead of finding the trace file in : C:\Oracle\admin\roee\udump (parameter user_dump_dest)

I found it in : C:\Oracle\Ora81\RDBMS\trace

WHY ? Thanks

Roee Peled
DBA ORACLE Received on Wed Dec 06 2000 - 08:38:11 CST