oracle db creation error

From: Jacek Chmielewski <nic_at_pierwsza.pl>
Date: Wed, 06 Dec 2000 19:05:05 +0100

Hi

I have a problem with db creation.

I installed Oracle 8i 8.1.6 under Linux RedHat 7.0 (PII 500, 256MB, 512MB swap) - typical installation using 'Oracle Universal Installer'. I followed step-by-step 'Oracle Installation Guide'. Installation and automatic Net8 configuration passed - everything was OK. Then I tried to create new db with 'dbassist' and at some point 'oracle' process goes ZOMBIE and 'srvmgrl' uses almost 100% of CPU... I tried all possible ways to create database: dbassist with 'copy files from CD' or 'create new files' and 'create database now' or 'create script'. I think it creates all database files but fails initializing database. When I create base with 'copy files from CD' everything stops at 80% 'initializing database. I killed 'svrmgrl' few times (it gets back with differen PID) and I obtain ORA-03113 and ORA-03114 errors - I ignored them and after this dbassist says that 'database creation completed with warnings'.

Does anybody can help me?

NIC Received on Wed Dec 06 2000 - 12:05:05 CST