Re: creating controlfiles on raw

From: Mark D Powell <markp7832_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Wed, 06 Dec 2000 14:20:47 GMT

In article <90k2eb$3vm$1_at_nnrp1.deja.com>,   haitham_nouri_at_hotmail.com wrote:
> Greetings all,
>
> We're creating an Oracle database (8.0.6) on raw partitions on a
> Solaris server.
>
> Is there a benifit of creating the controlfiles as raw partitions or
> would they better be left as standard filesystem files?
>
> I'd be thankful if you could share your thoughts and experiences.
>
> Regards,
>
> Haitham

We use raw on out main production systems. We use the "alter database backup controlfile to 'xxxx' " to make our backup copies as part of our hot backups. If your database is on raw partitions then use raw control files else use regular files to match the rest of the db.

--
Mark D. Powell  -- The only advice that counts is the advice that
 you follow so follow your own advice --

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.