Re: How to disable Oracle password on Solaries?

From: Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Wed, 6 Dec 2000 07:31:21 +0100

There isn't
However if Oracle was properly installed -which I doubt- it should be possible to connect as any Solaris user in the dba group, start svrmgrl, issue connect / as sysdba, or connect internal (default password oracle) and override any password.
If you can't connect as sysdba and don't have the internal password, you'll need the orapwd utility to override the internal password. The output file should be located in $ORACLE_HOME/dbs

Hth,

Sybrand Bakker, Oracle DBA