Re: Differences between Oracle RDBMS and MS SQL Server

From: Tim Kannel <tdkannel_at_bitstream.net>
Date: Tue, 5 Dec 2000 22:31:03 -0600

warning: slightly off-topic...

> Currently it does not have bitwise comparison (?) However with functions
> and now with Oracle's object classes on could develop you own. I am not
> sure if there is a great need for this feature. Where does one use/need
> a bitwise operator? I really cannot think of a specific case.

Could you provide more details on this?

The company that I work for is currently porting SQL server databases to Oracle (due to a customer requirement, not because we want to). It could make porting easier if we could add bitwise operators in a way that would be transparent to the queries that use them.

--
Tim Kannel
TCAP 3.1 - Captures console I/O to a file