Re: HELP!!!! SORT ORDER

From: <denevge_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Tue, 05 Dec 2000 09:24:50 GMT

Sorry, my mistake

NLSSORT instead of NLS_SORT

from v7 sql manual :

NLSSORT
Syntax NLSSORT(char [, 'nlsparams'])

Purpose

Returns the string of bytes used to sort char. The value of 'nlsparams' can have the form

                        'NLS_SORT = sort'

where sort is a linguistic sort sequence or BINARY. If you omit 'nlsparams', this function uses the default sort sequence for your session. If you specify BINARY, this function returns char. For information on sort sequences, see the "National Language Support" chapter of Oracle7 Server Reference..

Example

This function can be used to specify comparisons based on a linguistic sort sequence rather on the binary value of a string:

SELECT * FROM emp

	WHERE NLSSORT(ename,'NLS_SORT = German')

In article <90h5ls$oai$1_at_nnrp1.deja.com>,   Alex Filonov <afilonov_at_pro-ns.net> wrote:
> Could you post the real select statement?
>
> In article <qvTW5.29473$i%4.924422_at_news20.bellglobal.com>,
> "Serge Nantel" <snantel_at_virtuo-cio.com> wrote:
> > Thank you
> >
> > Yes I did and ORDER BY and I also I Check NLS_LANGUAGE.
> >
> > Another option is to use NLS_SORT in your query they are the
 same?????

> > <denevge_at_my-deja.com> a écrit dans le message news:
> > 90gut3$i3q$1_at_nnrp1.deja.com...
> > > Yes, such things can be very confusing.
> > > The problem is that the NLS settings on the 2 environments are not
 the
> > > same.
> > > Check NLS_LANGUAGE.
> > >
> > > Another option is to use NLS_SORT in your query.
> > >
> > > Hope this helps
> > > Gert

 NT4

> > > Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> > > Before you buy.
> >

> Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> Before you buy.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Tue Dec 05 2000 - 03:24:50 CST