Re: Limit of Oracle databases on Linux

From: <reweiner_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Tue, 05 Dec 2000 12:54:04 GMT

I just ask this because with MS-SQL Server you can actually run 200 databases per server. It does not instance a process for each database.

I did not think about yet if this is a real advantage or not... but for my kind of business, it will be perfect to offer a non-expensive Oracle solution to my clients.

Anyway, thanks again.

In article <90h5af$1778u$9_at_ID-62141.news.dfncis.de>,   "Sybrand Bakker" <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl> wrote:
> Each database is managed by one instance.
> If you want to manage 150-200 instances per server, just forget about
 that,
> it is not possible.
> Probably you need to implement 150-200 different schemas in one
 database.
> Still undesirable, but possible.
>
> As it looks like you didn't read it, I *urge* to read the Oracle
 Concepts

> > Hi all,
> >
> > I'm going to start hosting database Oracles on Linux. Does anybody a
> > limit of databases that I can create on it ? Is there any rule I
 should
> > follow when I will size up my installation ? ( I'm thinking of a
 number
> > between 150-200 small databases per server. Is that possible ?? )
> >
> > Thanks
> > Renato - Brasil.
> >

> > Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> > Before you buy.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Tue Dec 05 2000 - 06:54:04 CST