Re: OracleService

From: Pasi Parkkonen <pasi_at_eigenvalue.com>
Date: Tue, 5 Dec 2000 11:02:58 +0200

Hi!

Seems like it's a bug in 8.1.6. so SOME machines (was yours Compaq Laptop, too????).

I traced it to the init.ora Oracle tried to find but didn't (although the install was a pretty standard one...)

You can see it for yourself by connecting to sql*plus as "internal" and typing "STARTUP".
=> You get an error message about not finding init.ora where it should be.

Correct this and it should work.

HTH,
Pasi Parkkonen
EigenDBA