Re: Oracle8i on Sun Solaris 8

From: Tomasz Olczak <olczak_at_ipartners.pl>
Date: Tue, 05 Dec 2000 10:47:35 +0100

Alexey Pashchenko wrote:

> Solaris 2.7 is synonym Solaris 7 and Solaris 2.8 is synonym Solaris 8. I heard
> Oracle 8.1.6 was approved against Solaris 2.7 but not Solaris 2.8.
>
> Lee wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> > Does any one out there successfully installed Oracle 8i on Sun Solaris 8 ?
> > I read the installation guide and it says that the o.s required is Solaris
> > 2.6 or 2.7 but didn't mention Solaris 7 or Solaris 8.
> > I tried to install it on Solaris 8 and get an error message when the
> > Database Configuration Assistant try to create the database instance
> > at the end of the installation.
> >
> > Thanks and regards
> > Lee

I have recently installed 8.1.6 on Solaris 2.7 . It is doing fine. However I had serious problems trying to install 8.1.5 - it was too buggy (Oracle does not ditribute this release for Solaris anymore). The newest release for Solaris is 8.1.7 - go to 'technet.oracle.com' for details and downloads.

regards,
Tom Received on Tue Dec 05 2000 - 03:47:35 CST