Re: Limit of Oracle databases on Linux

From: Alex Filonov <afilonov_at_pro-ns.net>
Date: Mon, 04 Dec 2000 22:31:06 GMT

What's your idea of small database? By the way, RAM requirements may be huge, you need at least 4M SGA for the smallest database possible, multiplied by 200 = 800M for SGA stuff only. Add process requirements and so on. Doesn't look very promising... I'd recommend you to look up Linux installation documentation to size up needed resources.

In article <90gknn$8nh$1_at_nnrp1.deja.com>,   reweiner_at_yahoo.com wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I'm going to start hosting database Oracles on Linux. Does anybody a
> limit of databases that I can create on it ? Is there any rule I
 should
> follow when I will size up my installation ? ( I'm thinking of a
 number
> between 150-200 small databases per server. Is that possible ?? )
>
> Thanks
> Renato - Brasil.
>
> Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> Before you buy.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Mon Dec 04 2000 - 16:31:06 CST