Re: Session: client IP

From: Mark E. Hansen <meh_at_NOSPAMunify.com>
Date: Mon, 04 Dec 2000 14:51:45 -0800

Sybrand Bakker wrote:

> "Antonio Sant" <asant_at_iol.it> wrote in message
> > Is possible to get the ip of a client connected to Oracle?
> >
> > I'm thincking of a user with SQL-Navigator or SQL-Plus that login into a
 DB.

> > Please help.
> >

> Could you *please* refrain from crossposting? It doesn't necessarily enlarge
> your audience and I may now answer a question which already has been
> answered in a different group.

I really don't understand your complaint here. Cross posting most certainly does enlarge the audience. Plus, most news readers recognize cross-posted articles and only show them (as unread) to you once, so you don't have to read them in each group.

As far as someone else replying to the article before you do - isn't this an issue anyway? And, if the reply is properly cross-posted as well, then it will appear to the reader as a single thread.

If you just have a personal problem with cross posted articles, don't respond to them. I would much rather see cross-posted articles then to have the same question posted separately in different groups.

It was nice of you to answer his question anyway, though.