Re: Start Oracle on Linux manually

From: Steve Jones <stevej_at_proact.net>
Date: Mon, 4 Dec 2000 09:23:01 -0000

I've never used dbstart. I installed 8.1.5 on a Redhat box - the installation process was not the smoothest I've ever experienced. Starting and stopping the db 'instance' was easy - it ships with a tool called srvmgrXX (XX is version dependant). Fire it up, connect sys/oracle as sysdba, and type 'startup'. That was all I had to do to run it up.

Where did you get 8.1.7 from - did you download it?

Steve