Re: Start Oracle on Linux manually

From: Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Sun, 3 Dec 2000 23:59:04 +0100

'It doesn't work' is usually insufficient clue to resolve a problem. Please try to be *exact*.
If you want to start the database manually (which is of course an obvious well documented question)
you need to login as oracle, set your ORACLE_SID and ORACLE_HOME (preferably by running . oraenv), run svrmgrl followed by connect internal followed by startup.

Regards,

Sybrand Bakker, Oracle DBA