Re: Digital Unix 4.0 oracle export prob..

From: Adam Price <adam_at_pappnase.demon.co.uk>
Date: Sun, 3 Dec 2000 17:46:36 -0000

"Antti Järvinen" <costello_at_iki.fi> wrote in message news:m366l4qsxi.fsf_at_cs72168.pp.htv.fi...
> Has anyone seen this before:
> --clip--
> About to export the entire database ...
> . exporting tablespace definitions
> . exporting profiles
> . exporting user definitions
> . exporting roles
> EXP-00002: error in writing to export file
> EXP-00222:
> System error message 14
> EXP-00000: Export terminated unsuccessfully
> --clap--
> this happens on digital unix 4.0d with recent patch set and exp is
> trying to write directyly /dev/nrmt0h (which is a dat tape).
>
> If I boot the box, this works for a month or something like that, after
> uptime exceeds 30 days (or so) this begins happening.
>
> Any ideas? This is propably something not oracle-specific, instead
> an OS problem? I've been trying to read the docs and grep /usr/include/*
> with no clues about what might be going on..
Hi Antii,
I haven't really got any clue about the problem you describe, however I would ***STRONGLY*** advise that you upgrade to a supported version of the OS. 4.0f would be my recommendation. If you want to get support from Oracle or from Compaq on this then they will also recommend it. I only posted to tell you that comp.unix.osf.osf1 was renamed to comp.unix.tru64 at the start of the year and that you should tell your news provider. Adam Received on Sun Dec 03 2000 - 11:46:36 CST