Is it possible to get a ORA-01555: snapshot too old even if no tables were updated during select

From: Haild <haild_0234_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 3 Dec 2000 14:43:40 -0600

we have a longrunning sql stemeten that select all rows from a large join that meet a conditon, it runs for several hours due to amount of data being processed.

we are getting ORA-01555: snapshot too old eventhougth none of the source tables were changed in any way no updates or inserts or deletes. in fact the last timestamp on any of the talbes was over 13 hours earlier

our logs show that the select was the only statement running at the time.

everyone tells us that ORA-01555: snapshot too old is only done when a change occurs to soruce tables if that ture can just a select being run.

We have 10 rollback segements each 100M and total of 10 Gig in rollback tablespace area. Received on Sun Dec 03 2000 - 14:43:40 CST